Monday, September 5, 2011

老星, 老星, Old Memories, Old friends, something new


I arrive old Sing Saturday 3/9/2011. Yuet Fai picks me up and we go for dinner in Tiong Bahru. Thankfully the restaurant is air-conditioned. Because Old Sing is HUMID. Old class mates and friends come to meet and enjoy each others' company tonight.

We do not drink much like the KL folks do, just some Heineken to cool us down due to the heat and humidity. But there is nice food, and great company. That's what we are there to enjoy. I really am grateful they turn up, every one of them, and I have not seen Peng Chew for more than 30 years.








The Por Kee Eating House is not owned by our Uncle Por.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some notable quotes of the night (and I shall not divulge the originators):



"I suppose we want to have it sometime in April and not in Singapore."

"We need more than 1 night."

"We need activities."

"Wouldn't it be nice if we just work 9 months in a year?"

"I need a new project to fill my time."

"Ah... let's discuss about your good ideas tomorrow."

"I am happy to roam around Ipoh re-living my memories."

"Our kids cannot live without internet."

"My kid is not interested in Chinese."

"I force my kids to watch Chinese drama programs."

"How many months this year have you worked?"

"What happen to Siew Yee Wah?"

"She can drink and does not get drunk!"


Huh??


No comments:

Post a Comment